My name is Stephanie Taif. I am the marketing professional turned French marketing translator who keeps the wheels of Words of Possibility spinning. I provide English to French marketing translations for B2B and B2C to put the best of American companies on the map.
I bottle their charm and shake it up with some well rolled ‘r’s to create a French brand identity they can be proud of.
Today my CRM system and dictionaries are BFF. But it wasn’t always that way. Here is how it all panned out.
- Gained a BA in Business Administration in France
- Completed my MBA in Marketing in Florida
- Looked really uncool around my friends when I kept reciting ads from five years ago
- Looked more cool when this seemingly useless skill helped us win pub quizzes
- Spent five years surrounded by creative folk in marketing
- Completed a Diploma in Translation (specializing in marketing and advertising) at NYU and started working part-time as a translator
- Moved back to France to combine marketing and translation as a full-time English to French marketing translator
I put my success down to the fact I live and breathe what I translate. Whether that means trawling e-commerce sites in search of the hottest trends (read: the hottest pair of yoga leggings) or playing around with apps and software.
Even my office embraces my values and the type of texts I translate. Working in Lyon’s sought after eco-friendly coworking space amongst tech companies and marketing professionals, I stay in tune with the clients I serve.